Monday, April 27, 2015

Avian Landlords 0x07: Graduation Day

All good things must come to an end.  Luckily for the cardinal chicks nesting in the bush outside my living room window, it is a happy ending.

While I was at work on Friday, my wife chatted with me that the chicks had started to leave the nest while we were both out of the house.  She only got a shot of the second chick following the parents across the road and into the wooded area on the far side.

She did see both chicks cross the road, just didn't get pics of the first one, so we know they at least left the nest on goo terms.

So now, for the first time in our lives, my wife and I are empty nesters.

I am going to miss this pair of chicks, but it was great to share the first few days of their young lives.

If you want to check out all the posts in this series, click here.