Friday, March 13, 2015

Sunrise In Vegas

When one lands at the McCarran Airport in Las Vegas in the middle afternoon, one is thrust immediately into a deluge of lights and excitement that is the classic Vegas experience.   One gets the impression that Vegas never sleeps.

So I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up in my hotel room at 6am and was greeting with the following peaceful scene:
The view had all the promises of a beautiful sunrise.  So I stuck around (heck, I even woke my sleeping wifey up so she could see it too).  My patience was nicely rewarded when I got this eye candy presented to me.
After the light show, I was left with a view of the city (which, as far as I can tell, is just large buildings on the strip, and downtown, and nothing but houses as far as the eye can see).
It was time to suit up and start exploring the town.  This would be the most peaceful scene I would see for the next 5 days as I explored Nevada with my newfound tribe of  Photo Scavengers.

Stay tuned for all the details. It is gonna be a wild ride.