Tuesday, November 04, 2014

National Novel Writing Month

This year, pretty much at the very last minute (actually 3 days past the very last minute), I have decided to participate in the National Novel Writing Month.

If you are not familiar, the idea of NaNoWriMo is to encourage folks to complete a first draft of a novel, that is 50,000 words or more, during the month of November.

A co-worker of mine mentioned he had participated several times in the past, and it sounded interesting, and I thought it would be fun to try it someday.  Last night I was reminded that its November, the month of NaNoWriMo. Turns out "someday" was upon me.

Despite already being on the 3rd day, I decided to jump in.  Last night I cranked out 1713 words.  I don't have a title yet, but it will be an action/adventure novel that is (surprise, surprise) geocaching themed.

So for the next month I will be trying to write a novel.  Crazy eh?  So if this blog goes a bit quiet, you can be safely assured that I am out there, somewhere, flexing my creative juices and consulting a thesaurus, writing what could possibly be[0] the next Great American Novel.

Wish me luck!


[0] hey, anything is possible, right?