Thursday, November 22, 2012

Reasons To Give Thanks

It is Thanksgiving in the United States, and since I live here I am celebrating it today with my american friends and family.   It is important at times like this to reflect on the things that one is thankful for.  Since I am a blogger, I chose to do this reflection online - something you can feel thankful for (hopefully:)

The question is what strategy should I use for this post?. I have many options.

I could go sappy, and say I am very thankful for my lovely and completely awesome wife, Debbie, who I am insanely in love with. I am also thankful for my two awesome kids, Zeke and Abigail.  They can be trying at times, but when it comes down to it, they are awesome little folks, and they make be laugh every day.  I am very proud to be their father.

Or may go professional and say that I am thankful that I have a job at one of the most amazing companies around.  My job doesn't always feel glamourous, but in aggregate we have literally changed the world, and for the better.  Insanely proud to be a Googler.

Perhaps I'll go hobbyist and say I am thankful that I have stumbled across an amazing hobby like geocaching, that has taken me on more adventures, and more places, that I every would have gone on my own.  I am also thankful that I fell into photography so I have another avenue to stretch my artistic muscle.

I could go there, but I think I'll go a different direction.

The thing I am most thankful for this year is that Canada saved the twinkie.  Thank you Canada!  Once again, you prove you rock, and in the most unexpected ways.