Friday, August 10, 2012

Geo Addiction Club Meet & Eat

Tonight we engaged in some of the most fun that a geocacher can have. Oddly enough it isn't found on the trails (usually), but rather gathered around a table. I speak, of course, of geocaching events.

 Our local group of cachers got together tonight at a nearby restaurant for some food, cheer, and to swap stories from the trail.

It is always fun putting faces to names that you've only seen in cache logs.  Tonight I met a bunch of fine folks who meet that exact description, and now I can call them friends.

When I moved here almost 4 years ago the geocaching community in Lenoir NC was not very active (at least if it was I wasn't aware of it).  I tried in my introverted ways to get the locals more interested in geocaching by placing a bunch of caches, and hosting a couple events.

My efforts seem to have paid off as there were 28 folks at this event, and someone else (scoutermom & AtlasYMM) hosted it.  It is awesome to see such a fine community of cachers get together.

Also, the food.  Its never a bad time for crab legs, am I right? :)

Even Abigail made some new friends, and thats pretty hard to do when your main social skill is drooling.

I have been to many geocaching events now, and I can honestly say that hanging out with a bunch of cachers is always going to lead to some good times.  If you haven't been to an event, I highly recommend you find one close to you and make plans on attending.  You will not regret it.