Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rock On!


Ever since Zeke was born I have rocked him to sleep to the soothing tones of rock music - bands like CCR, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, The Eagles etc. I sing to him, and play air guitar on his belly, and he laughs, snuggles, and falls asleep. For the last couple months I haven't done this very much.

A couple nights ago Zeke was fussing in his crib, fighting sleep like the crazy man he is. I went to check on him, and decided it was time to rock out with the lad. So I sat in the rocking chair in his nursery and cranked the tunes. First song: Dream On by Aerosmith. The moment the first note played, he looked up at me and smiled as if to say "Oh yeah, this is the good stuff now. We're gonna have a good time tonight!"

Yes, its true. My 7 month old son is already nostalgic for good ol' Rock and Roll. I am definitely doing something right.